Holocaust film workshop
Tuesday 25 April, 2-4pm
Baines Wing seminar room 2.15
This workshop is open to staff, students and members of the public. It will include discussion of the following films:
- Laurie Slegtenhorst (Erasmus University Rotterdam), Süskind
- Dr Matthew Boswell (University of Leeds), Inglourious Basterds
- Dr Dominic Williams (University of Leeds), Son of Saul
- Beatrice Ivey (University of Leeds), Phoenix
- Anthony Peppiatt (Nottingham Trent University), Memory of the Camps
Key themes for discussion will include (but are not limited to):
- Complicity and the ‘grey zone’
- Intersections of national and transnational memory
- Empathy and positionality
- Holocaust piety and Holocaust impiety
- The use of film for Holocaust education
Please note that immediately before the workshop, Dr Matthew Boswell will be giving a talk entitled ‘The Holocaust and the Public Realm: From the Physical to the Digital’ as part of the Leeds Humanities Institute’s Moveable Feast series on public space. The talk will take place in the Stage@Leeds Foyer at 1pm. All welcome.
For information about venues please see the University of Leeds campus map: https://www.leeds.ac.uk/campusmap.
Please contact Dr Matthew Boswell (email@example.com) if you have any queries.